FREE ZONE PROCEDURES
The recommended procedures for moving merchandise and in and out of Free Zone at the World Jewelry Hub are as follows:
Bringing goods into the Free Zone
- Merchandise that is brought into the Free Zone has to be imported from outside Panama through an authorized port of entry, where there is located a properly equipped customs facility, such as Tocumen International Airport.
- In the event that an individual is carrying on his or her person or in his or her baggage merchandise meant for trading in the Free Zone, the individual should surrender the merchandise to an authorized secure carrier, which will be located in the duty free area at the port of entry. The individual will fill and receive a receipt, which he or she will bring to the World Jewelry Hub to redeem his or her merchandise. The individual will not enter Panama carrying any of the merchandise.
- Merchandise that is shipped using a secure carrier to the World Jewelry Hub also will also be delivered to an authorized carrier at the Port of Entry.
- Individuals who surrendered merchandise at the port of entry will be able to collect their goods at the customs facility in the Free Zone, by providing the receipts they received from the authorized secure carrier at the port of entry. From the customs facility, they will carry the merchandise into the Free Zone themselves.
- Companies operating in the World Jewelry Hub will be able to pick up goods shipped to them from abroad from the authorized secure carrier at the customs facility, and then carry them into the Free Zone themselves.
Removing goods from the Free Zone
- Merchandise that is to be removed from the Free Zone will be delivered to the customs facility in the Free Zone.
- An individual intending to carry out merchandise on his or her person should fill in a form and receive a receipt, which he or she will bring to the office of the authorized carrier in the duty free zone at the port of entry in order to redeem his or her merchandise. A receipt will be issued will be issued for the merchandise.
- Merchandise that is to be shipped will be delivered to the authorized carrier in the Free Zone. The carrier will handle the delivery to the goods to the relevant destination outside of Panama.
- Individuals who intend removing duty free merchandise from the country on their person will collect the material at the office of the secure carrier in the duty free area the port of entry. They will redeem the merchandise with the receipt they received in the Free Zone at the diamond/colored gemstone/jewelry complex.
- Merchandise that is removed from the Free Zone into Panama itself will be collected at the entrance to government facility in the Non-Free Zone section of the World Jewelry Hub. There the process of naturalization will take place, including the payment of duties and levies.